Quick navigation: (click to jump right to the section you’re looking for) Helpful Resources | Sora | Kairi | Riku | Organization XIII | Roxas | Terra | Aqua | Other (characters with only 1 tutorial are here). | For Keyblades + other props see Part II.
While Cosbreaks typically would like to provide full individual breakdowns of outfits for cosplay, with Kingdom Hearts we instead compiled as many tutorials as possible – all the links in one place! (Although if anyone would like a full breakdown on any specific character of the series please just let us know!) Below is Part I of our Kingdom Hearts cosplay tutorial roundup featuring outfits, shoes, hair, and make-up. Part II featuring weapons and other props
will be posted next week is now up and can be seen here. This post, and all our tutorial master posts will be updated continually as we find new tutorials.
If you prefer video tutorials, we also have a Kingdom Hearts Hair and Make-Up tutorials playlist on our YouTube with all the video tutorials in the list below along with any others KH cosplay tutorials we find on YT for hair/make-up.
(Last edited: 6/30/16 | Rearranged by character, edited for better reading, + added anchor links for quick jumping around.)
*We at Cosbreaks take absolutely no credit for the creation of these tutorials. Our only intention is to make make it easier for cosplayers to find these helpful resources by compiling them in one place. If you made any of these tutorials and would like it removed, or would like us to host your tutorial here on Cosbreaks, please just contact us.
- OrgXIII.org’s Specialty Zippers | Not a tutorial, but I though it would be good to include since many of KH’s outfits need oversized zippers and that’s the specialty of this shop.
- Destiny Islands.com‘s Official Art & Game Screencap Galleries | Again not a tutorial, but a helpful resource to have with it’s wonderful galleries full of great reference images.
- Sora by nodoca | Several images of completed outfit from all sides and a short description of how each part was made.
- Sora’s pants by undead-romance | Part two of this can be found here. Unfortunately following parts do not seem to have been uploaded.
- Sora’s hair by winterkira | Video tutorial in Japanese.
- Sora’s hair by AriB-Rabbit | Also has a video tutorial here in Spanish & English.
- Sora’s Shoes by makeshiftwings30 | Uses upholstery foam and several other materials to modify a pair of converse hightops.
- Sora’s KHII shoes by cali-musicandanime | Uses wire, fabric, and lots of glue to modify a base pair of converse high tops.
- Sora’s Shoes by velocirapista | Uses a base pair of boots and crocs.
- Halloween Town Sora by PonyPuzzle.com | more of an overview / construction notes on how the outfit was made and not a full tutorial, but worth looking at. Includes reference images and completed cosplay.
- Halloween Town Sora Make-up by midnight585 | Video Tutorial! Gives a great added touch to a Halloween Town cosplay.
- Halloween Town Sora by Gren | Only has images of completed cosplay, but has construction notes on each part of the cosplay. Estimated to have taken around $60 and 80-100 hours to make.
- Atlantica Sora + Swimmable Mermaid Tail by colt-kun | A very unique cosplay, though please keep in mind that it is intended for experienced swimmers!
- Anti-Form Sora Tutorial by Saeru | Text heavy, detailed multi-part tutorial for full character cosplay from wig down to shoes.
- Kairi’s KHII Outfit Dress Tutorial & Hood & Top tutorials by danisaurz | A nice tutorial with several progress images and bits of information.
- KHII Kairi tutorial by urika | More of a quick overview of ideas then a full tutorial, but worth looking at.
- Kairi’s KHII Belt by Byn | Text tutorial on making Kairi’s belt, includes an image of final product. You may need to refresh a few times for image to load though.
- Kairi’s KHII shoes by danisaurz | Uses a base pair of shoes and acrylic paints.
- Riku’s Vest Tutorial by Noize | Video tutorial! here is the pattern used which was also made by the tutorial maker.
- Heartless Riku by Gren | Only has image of completed cosplay, but construction notes are very helpful. Creator estimates it to have taken around 60-80 hours to make.
- Riku’s KHII hair tutorial by BLiTZ Cosplay | Video tutorial!
- Riku’s DDD shoes by littlemarin | Uses a base pair of high tops and shows you how to make the shoe cover/additions to make it into Riku’s Dream Drop Distance shoes.
- Organization XIII Coat by Saeru | Starts with a Matrix coat pattern by Simplicity but is highly edited, with information for each step and how-to.
- Organization XIII Jacket by oriana132 | Not wanting a floor length coat? Here’s a tutorial for a jacket alternative. Hit the download button at the right side to see the tutorial.
- Org XIII Coat by firestarnic | 3 part video tutorial.
- Drawstrings for OrgXIII Coat by paperroxas | Make the little wooden drawstrings for your black coat~
- Beads for OrgXIII Coat by wild-fire-1187 – | Mainly uses sculpy, make the beads for your black coat.
- OrgXIII Boots by amorius | Tutorial uses a sharpie for siver parts, but the tutorial maker recommends using fabric paint instead. Uses a base pair of boots and adds to it with fabric.
Hair / Wig Styling
- Axel‘s hair by sunlitebreeze | Focus is on Axel, but can be used for any character that has similar ‘Widow’s Peak’ hairstyle, creator used same method for Terra cosplay.
- Demyx‘s hair by zaxie | for real hair, but could be applied to wig styling.
- Marluxia‘s hair by yachirufoxtailfairy | Not very detailed, but several images and a bit of text in the description.
- Larxene‘s hair by MDA | Only text no images.
- Adding White Streaks to a wig for Xigbar | Thread from Cosplay.com on how to add the needed white streaks for Xigbar’s hair.
- Axel‘s Make-Up tutorial by BLiTZ Cosplay | Video Tutorial!
- Xigbar‘s Scar by midnight-dance-angel | Text only tutorial, here is how it looks at the end.
- Roxas’s hair by Amy the Yu | Pictures and text for each step.
- Roxas’ hair by Cattypatra | Though it particularly features Roxas’ hair it has good tips for general wig spiking and the author herself used the same method for a Sora wig.
- Roxas’ by JiiJii | Takes around two hours. End results look accurate yet natural.
- Terra’s Armor Tutorial by 23dAngel | Main material used is craft foam.
- For hair styling, see tutorial in OrgXIII section for Axel’s hair as creator noted they used same method for Terra (or click here if you don’t feel like searching).
- Aqua’s Armor Tutorial by 23dAngel | Informative tutorial with illustrated steps, but not many photos – Main material used is heat form foam.
- Aqua’s Bodice by Katelyn Simpson | Not quite a tutorial, but a breakdown image showing how she plans to make it and here is her full Aqua cosplay gallery with her progress on the full cosplay so far.
- Aqua’s Boots tutorial by 23dAngel | Lots of text with accompanying illustrations, but no photos.
Characters who have only one tutorial and aren’t part of OrgXII. If I find 2+ tutorials for a character they’ll be moved to their own section.
- White Mushroom Heartless (Girl type) by Gren | More so quick construction notes than a tutorial, but makes for a cute simple KH cosplay. Estimated to have been made in under 5 hours.
- Vivi Hat by hoihoisan | Unique~ Instructions with step by step illustrations and a photo of the finished product.
- Olette‘s shoes by mangosirene | Starts with a base pair of clogs and uses model magic.
- Namine‘s Make-Up by PissyNovelist | Video Tutorial!
Know of any other good Kingdom Hearts cosplay tutorials? Please leave a link in the comments and we’ll add it. Also if you find that any of the links have broken or are listed incorrectly please let me know through the comments as well. Thank you! We hope this tutorial roundup will be of help to your future cosplays~!
Please do check back next week for Part II! View part two here!